Embrace the free spirit of creativity with Cecilie Melli
Cecilie Melli is a fashion designer educated from Esmod in Oslo and Paris.
Growing up in Stavanger and living in various places abroad, she settled in Oslo where she lives in the middle of the city, close to the ever-inspiring nature.
After returning from fashion school in Paris, to Oslo Norway, Cecilie established the brand Cecilie Melli in 2004.
The brand offers jewelry and ‘fairy tale’ bridal and evening dresses. It is inspired by a feminine, playful, romantic, and free-spirited woman. The brand is also inspired by how the wonders of nature in Norway can merge with the modern urban vibe in the big cities, where she loves to travel.
The brand has more than 5o retailers in Norway that stock the fashion jewelry collection made with Swarovski crystals and Cubic Zirconia.
All gowns are made in the Cecilie Melli studio in Oslo by women from the company Sisters in Business, that provide jobs for immigrant women with sewing and tailoring skills.
Cecilie Melli was awarded Best Norwegian Designer by Costume Awards 2007.
- Carousel of Hope Charity Auction
- Dale of Norway
- St. Regis Resort Bora Bora and New York
- DPA productions in Hollywood for the Golden Globe and Emmy awards
- DPA productions in Cannes Film Festival
- The Oscars for Christina Simpkins, wife of nominee producer of The Descendants
- Disney World Florida
- Disney Norway
Cecilie Melli design is seen in tv productions as
- Lux Style awards Pakistan, dress for hostess Mahira Khan
- MTV Norway The Oscars Red Carpet
- The Oscars for Christina Simpkins wife of nominee producer of The Descendants
- Eurovision Song Contest for both Norway and Russia
- Norwegian Idol, the first time in 2005
- Dancing With The Stars Norway, dress and jewelry for host Katrine Moholt
- Amanda award show, dress for host Guri Solberg
- Amanda award show, dress for host Sigrid Bonde Tusvik
- X-factor, Norway’s got talent dresses for host Solveig Kloppen
Cecilie Melli design has appeared in numerous printed publications
The biggest achievement was a double spread in India Vogue with a dress for actress Meesha Shafi.
Cecilie herself has appeared in following TV productions:
- Luksusfellen, TV3
- Project Runway Norway, TV3
- Kulturquiz, NRK
- Shopaholic, TV3 etc
- Style expert on God Morgen Norge, TV2